Thursday, January 3, 2013

Circus Circus!

This card is done for the Saturated Canary challenge this week. The theme is to design a card based on a song. For this, I chose:

Arabesque, Nightwish from their recent released CD, Imaginaerum.

The over all theme for this CD is a bit like an evil circus. I absolutely love Arabesque because the song is an all drums instrumental, and makes me think of the girls twirling in the air on ribbons.

The SC character I chose for this is one I've been eyeing for a while now, just didn't have a use for it. Until now.

These two go together perfectly, and came out really cute with my new card-stock  I haven't decided on a sentiment yet, but that will come with time. No fancy techniques used other than my brand new prismacolor pencil set. (I hear a choir of angels sing when I open this box!) I got the little flowers from Michaels a long time ago.


Enjoy!


Entering into:


Saturated Canary Challenge #34 - Song Inspiration
Paper Makeup Stamps -Digi Makeover Challenge #69 - Anything goes
The Pink Elephant: 180
Simon Says Stamp: New Something \

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lauri :-) The image is lovely and the colours and details are FAB :-)I love the bed of flowers and retro look :-)

    I know what you mean about opening the box of pencils ,, so pretty when you take the lid off eh :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the big flowers Lauri.
    Is the song called 'wonderfields' on the released cd? if so I like that one!Thank you for playing along with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song is actually called "Arabesque" The songs are listed below. Never heard of "Wonderfields". I know all of Nightwish songs, and that isn't one of them.

      1. Taikatalvi
      2. Storytime
      3. Ghost River
      4. Slow, Love, Slow
      5. I Want My Tears Back
      6. Scaretale
      7. Arabesque
      8. Turn Loose The Mermaids
      9. Rest Calm
      10. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove
      11. Last Ride Of The Day
      12. Song Of Myself
      13. Imaginaerum

      Delete
  3. Fab card!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Saturated Canary Challenges! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabby card ...thanks for sharing with us at Saturated canary..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!