Saturday, June 1, 2013

Wedding Wishes

My Dad is attending the wedding reception of the daughter of an old family friend in a couple of weeks and he asked me to make him a card for the happy couple.  If you know my Dad at all, you know that he definitely has a sense of humor.  He asked me to make a funny card for him - this is it!


I love how the image turned out each character was printed, colored and cut out 3 times and then pieces were layered together (you can see this best in his hair and vest).  Kind of a cool technique, but wow - time consuming!  I also learned that it is not a good idea to put an image that has something attached with a pop up glue dot (man was I afraid I was going to have to start all over when it squished and stuck to the cutting mat!!).

Here's some close ups of the details:





Supplies for this project
Cardstock:  Truly Yours – White Card Base; Bazzill, Coconut Swirl, Natural Kraft, Dark Brown
Decorative Paper:  My Mind’s Eye - Lost & Found
Stamps:  Wee Stamps (Sylvia Zet) – Love Me Do digi
Inks, Stains, Paints & Colored Pencils:  Ranger Distress Ink – Walnut Stain; Faber Castell Polychromos & PrismaColor pencils
Dies, Punches & Embossing Folders:  Spellbinders – Classic Scalloped Circles; McGill Paper Blossoms Punch – Mini Flowers

Accessories & Other Stuff:  Vintage Lace (stash); Prima Pearls & Gems; Wild Orchid Roses & Buds; Garden Gate – Flower Stamen; Ranger Stickles – Crystal

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Your card is extra special gorgeous Cheryl. The sentiment is very cute and I know the happy couple will love it. What a sweet dad to ask you to do this for him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!