Wednesday, December 19, 2012

And A Card Was Born....

Most everyone has trouble around the holiday season. For one reason or another we dread having to face family (perhaps you fell into the punch bowl last year??), or perhaps a loved one is no longer there to celebrate with you.

I decided this year, rather than buying everyone presents, I'd spend the time and hand make their christmas cards. I'm the type of person who will go all out and buy great gifts for people, i.e. diamond necklaces. Lotions, body scrubs, tee-shirts (I'm the queen of picking out tee-shirts for people, but that's a story for another day) and other misc. gifty things. I hate giving gift cards because they are so informal and impersonal.

Wouldn't you rather have a gift that is made just for you?

I always put a lot of thought into my gifts and this year has been no different. I have new family in my life, new friends, old friends, etc. My adventures have only begun.....

With this particular card, I had difficulty coming up with what to do. I really liked the paper and wanted to find some way to do it justice.

Cheryl had some beautiful lace left. There wasn't much, but there was just enough to do this card. I edged the lace with red mirror paper, edge cut with a Fiskers border. Then schleped a piece of red cardstock between the rows. Looked great.

The next step was the banners. Had a few scraps of this wonderful paper left so I decided to use them in a banner fashion.

Could NOT decide what to put on the the top. First I tried using stamps, none worked well. I even tried embossing in gold letters, it just didn't look quite right. Then, while digging through the christmas supplies, I remembered this wonderful set. The Winter Wonderland worked perfectly!!! Tossed a couple of pinecones on... and voila!

A Christmas card was born.










Without further adooooo, I enter intooooo


The Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Gift-inspiration

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!