Monday, November 26, 2012

12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style #1

For the past couple of years I have played along with Tim Holtz for his 12 Tags of Christmas.  This year Tim decided to do a tag each month rather than 12 at Christmas.  Don't get me wrong - it's been a blast doing one a month but I knew when December arrived I'd be missing the Christmas tags.  So imagine my excitement when I discovered that Linda from the Funkie Junkie Boutique is sponsoring her own 12 Tags of Christmas!

The challenges started in September and run through December 17th, so I have a bit of catching up to do!  Thanks for taking a peek today and I hope you come along for the ride through 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style!



Tag #1 featured an amazing marbled effect using Ranger Distress Stains, and gorgeous embossing & sparkle!  Linda's background inspired my tag.  I've used Metallic Bronze, Snow Cap and Walnut Stain Distress Stains to create a marbled look on the tag a-la Tim Holtz A Compendium of Curiosities Vol 2 page 46.  I stamped the flourish from Stampers Anonymous Shabby French set in Walnut Stain and then sprinkled with prisma embossing powder.  I used my eclips machine to cut out the sentiment, the deer is a Alterations Mini die and the pine branches are McGill Paper Blossoms punch Decorative Pine.

I'll be back soon with tag #2!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Cheryl and welcome to The 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style! I'm thrilled to have you joining in the Christmas tag-making fun with us this year! Your tag is wonderful - the marbled stains background is perfect, especially with the music stamped on it! That deer is always fantastic and the joy element is so pretty. Terrific work - thanks again for playing along!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!