Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Creative Card Crew Challenge #62 - Shabby Chic/Vintage

Happy Tuesday blog friends!  Can you believe we're already halfway through May?  My goodness, where does the time go?!  We are finally starting to see more summer-like weather here in Minnesota, but I have seen snow (shhhh you didn't hear that word) as late as June 10th.  Ugh!!!  I don't think we'll see that this year, but the possibility is always out there.

Today I have the latest challenge round from the Creative Card Crew challenge team:  Shabby Chic/Vintage!  All you have to do is create a card that fits with our theme, pop it on your blog or other photo-sharing site and link it up at Creative Card Crew!

We have two great sponsors this week who are generously offering our randomly selected winner a prize!

Scrapping Center is one of those wonderful places where you can find almost everything but the kitchen sink!  From Scrapbooking supplies to paints, fibers, art supplies and more...Scrapping Center offers supplies for a wide variety of techniques and mediums.

The digital stamp I used for my project this week is Lady Henrietta from Whiff of Joy - so many adorable images to play with!  Not only do they offer digital stamps, they also have rubber stamps, clear stamps and ooh!  You can subscribe to their stamp kit collection and get a huge set (12-15) of stamps 4 times a year!

So for this week's card, I colored Lady Henrietta with my Faber Castell Polychromos pencils (I love these things!) and added some shading with distress inks in tea dye and wild honey.  The papers are from Graphic 45's Ladies Diary collection and the roses are hand-dyed to match.  Lace, button & pearls from my stash!


Still need more inspiration?  Check out the amazing work of my fellow DT gals at Creative Card Crew and then get your vintage on and join the fun!  - Can't wait to see what you come up with!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Cheryl. Great coloring and love all your embellishments. Maggie - DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!