Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Royal Manticoran Navy

My posts have been few and far between this past month - thought I'd share with all of you the reason why...The images below are crests from The Royal Manticoran Navy - the Official Honor Harrington Fan Club.  About half of them were displayed at CONvergence in Minneapolis in July, but they were just printed on cardstock and did not hang well, so (being a creative-type member) I suggested we mount them.  Lol...the suggestion won me the job!  Each crest took roughly an hour to complete, so you can see by the sheer number that I've been busy!


























Each of the crests above was printed on heavy, glossy cardstock, fussy cut, glued to heavy chipboard and fussy cut again.  Once they were cut, I painted the edges black (except for the Ghost Riders crest, which color-matched perfectly with Ranger's Distress Paint in Spiced Marmalade) and attached a magnet strip.  Future plans are to also attach sticky backed velcro, but I see from this display that I also need to come up with an option for mounting them on glass windows lol.  













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!