As usual, though I have a lot of Tim's products, I don't have them all so I made due with what I had and substituted where I needed to. The biggest thing I was missing was the metallic distress paints - my lcs doesn't have them yet. So I substituted metallic distress stain. I used it just like it was a paint and it seems to have mixed with the paint enough so that it became permanent when dried as well. Pretty cool huh?
As you can see, I used a different stamp - I love this stylized dragonfly from Stampendous, but I wanted to get the look of the sketch like the Stampers Anonymous one Tim used so I stamped the plan drawing from the SA Steampunk set in black soot behind my dragonfly (which I embossed with black embossing powder).
I also did my wings a little differently. Rather than leave the plastic clear I wanted to get that pretty shimmery color that dragonfly wings have in life so I inked the back side of the plastic with alcohol ink and spritzed on some perfect pearls for extra shimmer - I love the way they turned out!
Supplies for this project
Cardstock: #8 Avery Manila Tag
Stamps: Stampendous – Dragonfly Vine; Stampers Anonymous - Steampunk
Inks, Stains, Paints & Colored Pencils: Ranger Distress Paints – Broken China, Marigold, Peeled Paint; Ranger Distress Stain – Tarnished Brass, Antiqued Bronze; Ranger Distress Ink – Walnut Stain, Rusty Hinge, Broken China, Evergreen Bough, Tumbled Glass, Black Soot; Adirondack Alcohol Ink – Stream, Cloudy Blue, Citrus, Copper; Perfect Pearls Mist – Pearl; StazOn Ink – Jet Black; American Crafts Embossing Powder - Black
Accessories & Other Stuff: Idea-ology – Pen Nib, Mini Gears, Tissue Tape, Alpha Parts Numeric, Crinkle Ribbon, Metal Word Bands
Have a great weekend!