Thursday, January 31, 2013

With Great Love

Well I'm in the midst of making Valentines cards for my dear Sally to send/give to all the ladies living in her residence.  Those of you that know me know Sally is the sweet little granny who lived many years in adult foster care at my mother's home.  Sally was the last resident at Mom's before she passed away and all of her family that are still living are overseas (she's from Finland).  She's just the sweetest little thing and when Mom passed I took over as Sally's guardian.  She still lives up north and is in a senior care facility where they are so good to her.  Besides the "caregiver" duties, I always make cards for Sally to send out and give to her friends at the residence.

At some point I will try to post all of the Valentines I've made for her this year (if I remember to photograph them before I send them off to her!), but here's my latest...



Supplies for this project
Cardstock:  Truly Yours – White Card Base; Bazzill – Kraft, Cocoa, Coconut Swirl, Nautical Blue Light
Decorative Paper:  DCWV – Photo Real
Stamps:  Saturated Canary Digi – Princess Honor; Our Daily Bread Designs – Simple Things
Inks, Stains, Paints & Colored Pencils:  Ranger Distress Ink – Spun Sugar, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, Broken China; Prismacolor & Polychromos Colored Pencils
Accessories & Other Stuff:  Prima Flowers, Wild Orchid Flowers; American Crafts Ribbon & Twine; Hero Arts Pearls; Petaloo Feathers

Challenges

3 comments:

  1. Ooh that's so pretty! Love the sentiment and the way you've coloured the beautiful image is perfect. Love the feather embellishment too. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie this is really pretty, thank you so much for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card...love the addition of the feathers. Thanks for joining our SC Challenge.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!