Friday, September 21, 2012

Our Daily Bread Designs Bible Verse Thursday #47 - Bless the Lord O My Soul

"Bless the Lord O my soul, let all that is within me bless His holy Name!"  ~Psalm 103:1





In his book FOLK PSALMS OF FAITH, Ray Stedman tells of an experience H.A. Ironside had in a crowded restaurant. Just as Ironside was about to begin his meal, a man approached and asked if he could join him. Ironside invited his to have a seat. Then, as was his custom, Ironside bowed his head in prayer. When he opened his eyes, the other man asked, "Do you have a headache?" Ironside replied, "No, I don’t." The other man asked, "Well, is there something wrong with your food?" Ironside replied, "No, I was simply thanking God as I always do before I eat."

The man said, "Oh, you’re one of those, are you? Well, I want you to know I never give thanks. I earn my money by the sweat of my brow and I don’t have to give thanks to anybody when I eat. I just start right in!" 

Ironside said, "Yes, you’re just like my dog. That’s what he does too!" 

We must remember to praise the Lord for all he has done for us.  Even the little things that we take for granted - like food on the table and a roof over our heads.  We must be careful not to fall into the trap that the Israelites did.  They seemed to constantly forget all the good things the Lord had done so that they wandered away from Him. We’re commanded to remember all His benefits to us.

Your challenge this week is to create a project using this scripture or another verse that reminds us to praise God for all He does for us.  When uploading your project, please use keyword ODBDBVT47 and then hop over to Our Daily Bread Designs Forum and share with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!