Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Perfect Sentiments Challenge #34 - Anything Goes!

This week at The Perfect Sentiment we have a special treat for all you creative-types who, like me, are into papercrafts other than cards and scrapbook pages.  Now, don't get me wrong, I make tons of cards and am constantly working on at least 2 scrapbooks but sometimes its fun to try something a bit different.  I find these other formats to be not only a great break from "the usual" but a great inspiration for my cards and scrapbook pages as well!

This week's challenge is wide open, so let's see what you can do!

The Challenge:  Create anything you like as long as it has a sentiment on the front...card, tags, ATC's, altered art. 
The Twist:  We were going to say no scrapbook pages.  However, if you create a scrapbook page that clearly has a stamped sentiment, scripture or quote on it you may enter it.  It must be stamped, it cannot be digital and the Title of your scrapbook page does not count.
We are pleased to have Limited Run Digis as our sponsor this round. 



They are generously offering a prize of 3 digis from the Limited Runs Shop
to one lucky winner from this week's challenge!

I just loved this little butterfly from their shop and one of the awesome things about digital stamps is that you can resize them to fit any project.  This image started out at roughly 4x4 and I sized it down (I just pasted it into Microsoft Word) to the 2x2 you see on my ATC below.  I also made a tiny tiny copy (like 1/2" square) to put on the back of the ATC.


Supplies
Cardstock:  Strathmore ATC Base
Stamps:  Limited Run Digis - Butterfly #5; Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous - Shabby French
Inks, Stains and Paints:  Adirondack Alcohol Ink - Mushroom, Stream, Citrus; Adirondack Paint Dabber - Lettuce; Versafine - Onyx Black; Copic Markers - BV13, E37
Accessories & Other Stuff:   American Crafts - Jute Twine, Idea-ology - Word Bands; Recyled Plastic Acrylic from packaging

Technique:  To create the background I used an Alcohol Ink Resist technique I learned from Tim Holtz's new book Compendium of Curiosities Vol II.  The technique can be found on page 59 of the book.  Basically, I applied 3 colors of alcohol ink to a felt applicator and applied it to the piece of acrylic in layers until I was happy with the look.  To create the resist, I stamped an image on the inked side of the acrylic with archival ink (once the alcohol inks were dry) and then dabbed with a soft cloth.  The archival ink comes off and takes the alcohol ink with it leaving the resist image.  Pretty cool.  I glued the acrylic to an ATC blank that had been stamped with other images (words) using a little Glossy Accents.

Be sure to check out the blogs of my fellow PSC Design Team members for some awesome inspiration from these talented gals

May Guest Designers

Blessings!

5 comments:

  1. I liked this from the first time I saw it. Love the background and your pretty butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, I adore the butterfly (obviously, since I used it on my own card!) and the way you used it on your ATC. Fabulous sentiment. It has been such fun guest designing with all of you this month. I'll be back playing along in the challenges. Thanks for all your support and encouragement. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome little atc!!! The green is absolutely eye catching! Love that you used Tim's new embellie as well...great little butterfly too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Cheryl..I too am a TH fan..ok I'm a TH junkie :) so I really like all of the different alcohol inks & techniques you used. Great job : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!