Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bible Verse Thursday Challenge #22 - In Memoriam

"Blessed are the pure in heart
for they shall see God."
~Matthew 5:8

Welcome dear brothers and sisters in Christ.  Today is a special day and I wanted to acknowledge that with this week's Our Daily Bread Designs Bible Verse Thursday Challenge.  Today is the anniversary of my Mother's home-going.  Many might wonder why I consider it a special day and my answer is today is the anniversary of the day Mom first saw what she believed.

This scripture verse was one of Mom's favorites and as I became an adult I saw more and more that she truly lived her life believing this verse - and all of God's word.  We all have mothers and many of us have wonderful women who guide us into adulthood and throughout our lives.  Let me tell you a bit about mine.

Mom raised three children on her own.  Teenagers...ugh!  She did it with daily sacrifice and a lot of prayer.  No matter what was going on in her life - unemployment, divorce, financial difficulty...she always relied on God to see her through.  That's something she taught me and my siblings as well.  Even my husband learned "Everything happens for a reason" from Mom.  She always trusted in God.

Mom passed away the day after Palm Sunday two years ago after a long illness with her children, siblings, and other family standing around her praying the rosary.  It was exactly as Mom would have wanted it.  I miss her every day but the lessons she taught me and the faith she instilled in me guide me and I am so grateful that the Lord gave me such a mother.

Your challenge this week is to use this scripture or another verse that reminds you of someone who has influenced your walk with God.  When uploading your project, please use keyword ODBDBVT22 and then drop in at Our Daily Bread Designs Forum to share what you've done!

Supplies
Cardstock:  Bazzill - Coconut Swirl, Berry; Stamping Bella - Best White
Decorative Paper:  American Crafts Dear Lizzy -Neapolitan
Stamps:  Our Daily Bread Designs - Jesus; Saturated Canary digital stamp- Thank You
Ink, Paint & Stain:   Versafine - Onyx Black; Ranger Distress Ink - Weathered Wood; Ranger Re-Inker - Peeled Paint
Prismacolor Pencils:  Shell Pink, Blush Pink, Pink, Carmine Red, Crimson Red, Process Red, Light Peach, Peach, Beige Peach, Sand, Light Brown, Terra Cotta, Espresso, Pale Sage, Chartreuse, Apple Green, True Green, Olive Green, Dark Green, Lilac, Parma Violet, Violet
Dies, Punches & Embossing Folders:  Spellbinders - Petite Scalloped Ovals
Accessories & Other Stuff:  American Crafts - White Satin Ribbon (hand dyed with Re-Inker)

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!