Monday, January 30, 2012

Hymn Challenge #3 - How Great Thou Art


For this round, Patter has selected probably one of the best-known, most-cherished hymns in history.  Read the history of this hymn on Patter's blog

As a musician, hymns are particularly special to me because using the gifts He has given me to praise Him is amazing and I can't think of anything better!  This hymn reminds a lot of people of someone special - maybe because it was a favorite or because it was played at a funeral.  That holds true for me as well, and with all the losses we've had in our family recently, hearing it gives me strength. 

This hymn has always reminded me that I am part of something so much greater and that He created the world and us in it for a purpose.  Not unlike what God reveals to Job in the 38th chapter, this hymn lays out for us all the wonder of God.  Think about it...the earth rotates on its axis at approx 1,000 miles per hour; if it were 100 mph, our days and nights would be 10 times as long, and the hot sun would likely burn up the vegetation, whilst surviving sprouts would freeze or die in the long night. Every part of the creation is in harmony with the work of the Creator, and performs its remarkable work.

For my 8x8 page today, I chose a single photograph from a place that always comes to mind when I think of peace, tranquility, and the majesty of God's creation - our cabin.  The wildflowers in this picture have been my favorites for years - tiny and delicate, but they grow everywhere!  The verse I selected to go on my page (along with the lyrics for the hymn) is Psalm 108:1
I will sing and make music with all my soul.


Supplies
Cardstock:  Bazzill - Coconut Swirl, Heather
Stamp:  Our Daily Bread Designs - You Will Find Refuge
Ink:  StazOn - Jet Black
Accessories:  American Crafts Ribbon

Blessings!


 

5 comments:

  1. Oooh beautiful! The lovely ribbon really frames the beautiful photo, I'll be coming back to have a look at this page again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cheryl this is a beauty! Loving this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful page. I love the picture of your wildflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful picture! I like the way you have all the song lyrics on your page!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!