Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hymn #2 Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

This week's Hymn Challenge was Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus.

The third verse is "His Word shall not fail you-He promised. Believe Him, and all will be well..." God is hear for us. In Mark 10:27 "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." we learn that we can do anything, be anything and get though anything if we have God in your lives.

This past July I lost my Grandma. At the funeral she wanted the eight grandchildren to sing "Children of the Heavenly Father". After we were done rehearsing, we were milling around the church when my cousin came running into the sanctuary. "Everyone come outside!" In the sky was a beautiful double rainbow.
God is always there, holding you and giving you strength. He will never give you more that you can handle. Even in my grief I knew this was part of life. I that I would someday know longer have the pain and sadness I felt that day.
                               
                                                     
                             




SUPPLIES
Decorative Papers: Crate Paper's; Portrait Collection
Cardstock: Bazzill; black
Inks, Stains and Paint: Ranger Distress Inks; vintage photo, tea dye
Accessories and other stuff: Say it in crystals, antique buttons, Timeless Truths; Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus










6 comments:

  1. Draisey--I'm sorry that you are missing your grandma. Hopefully you will have wonderful memories of her. My grandmas were an incredibly wonderful influence in my life! Your page is lovely...now I have to get to work and do mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Draisey, doesn't God have the most wonderful ways to remind us of His promises? Your page is lovely. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your story about the rainbow.. God does keep His promises. I love rainbows. My elderly mother is right now dying of inoperable liver cancer so I can understand your grief.
    Your artwork is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandmas hold just a special space in my heart - I sure miss mine! Truly lovely LO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Draisey, I am SO sorry about your grandmother. I lost mine 4 months prior to your loss. What a beautiful gift of the double rainbow though. God is SO good to bless you all with that! Your page is beautiful, and I am thankful we have Him to turn to in all things! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainbows are such a special gift from God...just like Grandmothers are! Thank you for your sharing! Your page is lovely! The Portrait Collection is one of my favorite!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!