Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bible Verse Thursday Challenge 05 ~ Fear Not

Good Morning brothers & sisters in Christ!  Welcome to another Bible Verse Thursday Challenge courtesy of Our Daily Bread Designs.  I do not have a real clear picture in my head of why I chose this verse, but God put it in my ear so here we are!


God did not give us a spirit of fear,
but a spirit of power, of love and
of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

There is always a connection between anything that goes on in Christian life and how or what we think about it.  If we have fear, we process those thoughts in that fear, but if we look at them through spirit-filled eyes, we will not have that fear.    For example, if I think about my own weaknesses, then I fear I cannot do something.  If, however, I look at them through Jesus and His power in us, then I do not have that fear.  “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”  Phillipians 4:13. 

So how do we gain this spirit of power and love?  Receiving the Holy Spirit does not instantly make us courageous and full of love.  We must grow in these qualities by yielding to God and striving to understand His Word, for it is through this understanding that we come to wield the power of His love.

Your challenge this week is to make a project using this scripture or another verse that encourages us not to fear.  Please use keyword ODBDBVT05 when uploading your project, then stop by the Our Daily BreadDesigns Forum and share what you’ve done!




Supplies
Cardstock:  Bazill - Snow
Decorative Paper:  Cosmo Cricket - Upcycle
Stamp:  Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 2
Ink:  Versifine - Onyx Black
Accessories:  Hero Arts Pearl Flourishes; Prima Flowers; Spellbinders Die - Labels 18



Blessed day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!