Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bible Verse Thursday - Blessed Are They

Good morning!  I'm excited (and a little nervous) to tell you that I am the new challenge hostess for Bible Verse Thursday over at the Our Daily Bread Designs forum.  I'm taking over after a wonderful hostess, Abby and I'm hoping I can carry on in the spirit as Abby did.  Bless you, dear ones, for your prayers as I start on this new adventure!


Since we have just celebrated All Souls Day, I thought I would center this week’s challenge on one of the most common scripture readings for the celebration of the Day.   

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God”  
Matthew 5:8

The Beatitudes (as this section of scripture is often called) are a list of qualities of the true character of a person of God.  Matthew 5:8 is one of my favorites from this section.  How does one gain a pure heart?  The Bible tells us it begins with conversion when God gives us “a clean heart” (Psalm 51:10) and it continues through spiritual growth as we “Walk in the Light” (1 John 1:7). 

One of my favorite songs   I basically a recitation of this scripture with the chorus:

We are the light of the world;
may our light shine before all,
that they may see the good that we do,
and give glory to God.

Living by the Word of God, changes the way we think so that our hearts grow more and more pure as the light of the word reveals impurities and we deal with them and change.  As we change, we bring His light into the world.

Your challenge this week is to create a project using this scripture or another verse about the characteristics of a person of God.  When posting your project, please use keyword ODBDBVT01 and then join us at Our Daily Bread Designs Forum to share what you've done!




Supplies
Cardstock:  Bazzill - Snow, Ocean Breeze, Periwinkle
Decorative Paper:  Lilybeedesign - Picket Fence, American Crafts - Patterned Vellum
Stamp:  Our Daily Bread Designs - Jesus
Ink:  Versifine - Black; Ranger Distress Ink - Broken China
Accessories:  Hero Hues Pearls; Prima Flower; American Crafts Ribbon & Lace
Other:  Spellbinders Scalloped Circles; Fleur De Lis Squares



Have a Blessed Day!




1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, Great job. Congratulations on your new role as Challenge Hostess. You will do just fine. I like you're writeup and your sample project is just lovely. I was nervous the first time I did it as well. Thank you for keeping this going. You are a dear. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!