Saturday, October 8, 2011

Our Daily Bread Shining Light Challenge #79

Good Saturday morning to you all!  Was up late last night hanging out with the girls over at Christian Paper Crafts for October's Praise and Papercraft Night - Wow what a lot of fun!  If you're not familiar with CPC, please go check out their blog, it's a wonderful community of Christian women who share a love for the Lord and a love for papercraft.

This morning I have a card for you that I created for Our Daily Bread's Shining Light Challenge #79.  The challenge this round is to make your own embellishment.  For details on this challenge and some fantastic inspiration from the Design Team, check out the ODBD Blog!



My flower was made using Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals Die.  I cut the flower out of grungeboard and inked it up with Ranger's Distress Ink in Barn Door.  Before the ink dried I used a brush to apply Ranger's crackle paint in Clear Rock Candy in a medium-thick coat (if you've never used this stuff, find a way to do it - it's amazing!).  Once the paint was dry, I rubbed the entire flower with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and wiped away the excess.  Voila!  Instant Vintage!

I also made the decorative paper.  I first stamped the background image on glossy paper using Versamark Embossing Ink and then dried it really good.  Once dry, I applied Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink directly to the paper over the watermarked design and wiped off the excess.

A little ribbon, some greens, and a favorite verse and there you have it!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Christmas card Cheryl!! I love the colors and your homemade flowers!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful choice of papers, ribbon and Verse to grace with your flower embellishment!! Thanks for playing along on the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, we truly appreciate it!